Georgia Virtual School (GaVS) offers a tuition model of $250 per course per semester. Block courses are $500. When a public school student takes a GaVS course as a part of the regular school day, the local school receives their full FTE funding and is then responsible for paying the tuition. Each local school has a staff member designated as the GaVS facilitator. This facilitator approves the payment type for each student taking a course. Any public school student taking a course as part of the regular school day should have that payment marked as school will pay.
● At the end of each month, schools will be mailed a statement for tuition owed for students taking a course with GaVS that current semester.
● This statement will not include any enrollments where the student or parent paid for a course because it was taken outside the regular school day.
● The statement must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date. Currently schools should pay by check.
● If a student withdraws inside the refund window (within 13 school days of getting course access), a credit will be given to the school.
● The credit will be applied towards any unpaid GaVS enrollments in the current semester.
● Any credits remaining at the end of registration period will be refunded to the school. Click here for the registration timeline,
● Each high school will receive a statement from GaVS in early September and October as well as February and March.
If the local district office needs to receive your enrollment statement, please complete this form